24 May Built to Sell Radio: The Turnaround
Mike Agugliaro is an electrician by trade and over 12 years built Gold Medal Service to around $700,000 in revenue with his partner Rob Zadotti.
The days were long, which was one reason Zadotti decided to quit.
Agugliaro took a few days to consider how things had gotten so bad. He realized they had been making a lot of mistakes and knew they could do better. Agugliaro convinced his partner that if he would stay, they could build a better company together.
Zadotti agreed, and that kicked off a journey that would see Agugliaro and Zadotti build Gold Medal Service into a $32 million company with double digital profit margins.
In 2017, Agugliaro and Zadotti sold Gold Medal Service for a significant premium over the 5 x EBITDA multiple typical of the home services industry.
In this episode, you’ll discover how to:
- Ramp up your marketing.
- Inspire your front-line staff to create customers who are raving fans.
- Learn from the best in your industry.
- Improve your cash flow with one simple philosophy.
- Brand your company so that nobody will miss you.
- Tell your employees you have sold your company.