27 Sep Built to Sell Radio: Inside Uptime’s 7-Figure Acquisition of JurisPage
Andy Cabasso co-founded JurisPage, a marketing agency specializing in helping law firms in 2013.
Three years later, JurisPage had service contracts with more than 200 law firms when they got a call from Uptime Legal, an Inc. 5000 business specializing in technology and practice management software for law firms.
The two companies fit together like peanut butter and jelly which is why Uptime Legal acquired JurisPage in a seven-figure deal that closed in 2016.
There’s lots to learn from Cabasso including how to:
- Productize your service.
- Avoid scope creep in service contracts.
- Get paid when clients ghost you.
- Get your employees to follow your Standard Operating Procedures (grab our eBook on creating SOPs here).
- Avoid being “catfished” by fake acquirers.
- Vet potential acquirers.
- Structure an earn-out to ensure you get at least part of your proceeds.