15 Nov Built to Sell Radio: How to Build Your Company to Sell (Even if You Have No Plans To)
Kevin Waldron built Olympic Restoration, a disaster recovery business, to $24 million in annual sales before he decided to sell. Helping homeowners clean up from a fire or a flood was a good business, but after 17 years, Waldron was tired of fighting with insurance companies over claims.
Waldron quickly got an offer of around 4 times EBITDA from an industry contact and has never looked back. This episode is jam-packed with both life and business lessons including:
- How to build your company to sell (even if you have no plans to).
- How to know if you have a job or a business.
- Why getting to 5 employees can be a game-changer.
- The difference between a “customer” and a “client”.
- The secret to working with your spouse.
- The surprising downside of a financial windfall at 42.
- Why you should avoid using your surname in your company name.
- The biggest mistake Waldron made in selling his company.