28 Feb Built to Sell Radio: Inside the Mind of an Acquirer
Robert Glazer started an affiliate marketing agency called Acceleration Partners in 2007. Glazer never took outside capital and grew Acceleration to almost $28 million in sales before he sold a majority interest to Mountaingate Capital in 2020.
This is the second installment of a two-part interview with Glazer (grab part one here). In this episode, we ask him to wear his acquirer’s hat. Glazer has spoken with more than one hundred owners in the last couple of years and speaks passionately about the “unforced errors” owners make when negotiating with an acquirer.
Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
- Know the “market-clearing” values in your industry.
- Decipher between interest and value.
- Present your financials to a buyer.
- How not to answer the question, “how much do you want for your business?”.
- Avoid the “Annie Syndrome”.
- Create competition for your business.
This episode was brought to you by Work Better Now. Work Better Now has helped match hundreds of businesses with talented virtual assistants. Reach more clients, expand your influence and be more productive – not busy. Work Better Now is currently offering Built to Sell listeners and readers $150 off per month for three months, just by mentioning Built to Sell.