13 Jun Built to Sell Radio: Selling to a Publicly Traded Company
In 1988, Tony Falkenstein started Just Life Group, one of the first water-cooler companies in New Zealand.
In 2016, Falkenstein identified the need to diversify into new service offerings and opted to start acquiring companies. Since then, Falkenstein has acquired six businesses, aligning with their overall focus of enhancing lives through healthy living and healthy homes.
Just Life Group is a publicly-traded company with a current market cap of $46.799M as of June 9, 2022.
In the latest installment of our Inside The Mind of An Acquirer series on Built To Sell Radio, we interview Falkenstein on how he thinks about acquiring companies. In this episode you’ll learn how to:
- Attract an acquirer without approaching them directly.
- Negotiate the highest multiple for your company.
- Impress an acquirer the first time you meet them with one simple trick.
- Leverage financial modeling to convince an acquirer to pay a higher multiple.
- Create a bidding war for your company.