25 Jul Built to Sell Radio: 6 Things to Know Before Approaching an Acquirer
Touraj Parang has experienced the highs and lows of selling a company.
In 2009, Parang sold his first company, Jaxtr, for pennies on the dollar. He took the lessons he learned and joined Webs.com, where he helped Haroon Mokhtazarda sell his company for over $115 million.
Parang left Webs.com and joined GoDaddy as a leader in their acquisitions group, where they acquired dozens of companies during his tenure.
In the latest installment of Inside the Mind of An Acquirer, Parang shares how companies like GoDaddy acquire companies. In this episode, you’ll learn how to:
- Avoid the most common mistake made by first-time sellers.
- Generate more cash flow for your company during a down economy.
- Develop trusted relationships with acquirers years before selling.
- Utilize one little-known trick to increase your leverage in a negotiation.
- The ugly truth behind re-trading from a seasoned buyer.
- The single biggest reason deals fall apart during due diligence.