31 Oct Built to Sell Radio: Hacking Your Way to a $22 Million Exit
In 2015 Nick Santora founded Curricula, a cyber security awareness training program that helps companies defend themselves against hackers. Santora created fun, cartoon training videos in contrast to the dull content that existed at the time.
Companies happily embraced Santora’s approach. By 2021 he had grown Curricula to just over $2 million in annual recurring revenue when he accepted an acquisition offer from the cyber security giant Huntress for $22 million. In this episode, you’ll learn how to:
- Know when it’s time to expand beyond your niche.
- Utilize the “free chicken” conversion method.
- Implement a freemium model that converts.
- Avoid a typical blunder made by founders when raising money.
- Choose the right acquirer for your company.
- Create competitive tension between acquirers to attract a premium offer.