10 Oct Built to Sell Radio: How Mark Ferrier Grew TRAFFIKGROUP to $2M EBITDA and Scored an 8-Figure Exit
Mark Ferrier founded the marketing agency TRAFFIKGROUP and grew it to over $2M in EBITDA before agreeing to be acquired by the private equity group Onex in an eight-figure exit. Mark decided to sell when a friend revealed that most founders end up wishing they had sold 50% sooner for 25% less. This episode is packed with wisdom for service-based businesses, including how to:
- Drive employee engagement with a “Holy Crap” fund.
- Buy out minority partners.
- Distinguish between agreement vs. alignment.
- Deal with imposter syndrome.
- Know when it’s time to sell.
- Avoid being “Hollywooded” by a deal structure.
- Evaluate the risks of rolling equity.
- Avoid an earn out.
- Evaluate an offer from a private equity group.