02 Oct Built to Sell Radio: Minority vs. Majority Partners with Mark Ferrier
Mark Ferrier built the marketing agency TRAFFIKGROUP to more than $2 million of EBITDA before it was acquired by the private equity group Onex in an eight-figure exit. In this first of a two-part interview, Mark shares the story of how he got started in the marketing agency world and how a rift with his former partners left him on the wrong end of a $2 million lawsuit. You’ll learn how to:
- Get alignment with your minority partners.
- Buy out your partners (without sabotaging your business).
- Use a shotgun clause in your shareholder’s agreement.
- Distinguish between a non-compete and a non-solicitation agreement.
- Protect your reputation through a lawsuit.
- Structure your partnership agreement to protect the value of a service business in a dispute.