16 Oct Built to Sell Radio: The Acquisition Entrepreneur
This week, we continue our series called Inside the Mind of an Acquirer. We started this special series of interviews with acquirers because we want you to understand the perspective of the person across from you in a negotiation to buy your business. This week, we sat down with Bakari Akil, who has acquired two $30 million businesses and now teaches Cornell MBA candidates about entrepreneurship through acquisition. You’ll learn how:
- To accelerate your growth through acquisition.
- Harvard, Stanford, and Columbia are teaching their students to build wealth.
- To structure the acquisition of a company.
- To attract sophisticated investors.
- To avoid personally guaranteeing the debt an acquirer uses to buy your business.
- To distinguish between an “acquisition entrepreneur” vs. an “independent sponsor.”