01 May Built to Sell Radio: Selling a Service Business Without an Earn-Out
Posted at 09:14h in Webinar Archive 0 Comments
In 2008, Brandon Lazar started A+ Gutter & Window Cleaning, servicing homeowners in British Columbia, Canada. Lazar successfully bootstrapped the business, generating nearly $1.5 million in revenue before being approached by an acquirer.
Lazar sold A+ Gutter & Window Cleaning to a private buyer in 2023 for approximately 3.5 times EBITDA, without an earn-out. In this episode, you’ll learn how to:
- Modernize an older industry and gain a competitive advantage.
- Effectively navigate negotiations with both sophisticated buyers and inexperienced ones.
- Establish firm timelines during negotiations for a smoother acquisition
- Secure financing when conventional lenders are not an option.
- Leverage a unique technique to sell your service business without an earn-out.