27 Sep Why Younger People Have a Difficult Time Making It (Part 3 of 3)
The following is a continuation from Tuesday’s posting and last Thursday’s posting before that. Those two posting included industry veteran Len Krick’s observations about younger people as business brokers.
I tell anyone thinking of entering our Business Brokerage profession that they must:
- Do it full time.
- Think of it a “career,” not a “job.”
- Be able to support themselves and their family for 9 to 12 months.
- Invest in the proper training; which is really a form of insurance and an investment in themselves.
- Be ready to work hard and manage their time; maybe for the first time in their life.
- Search their soul to make sure they can handle the rejection that comes with prospecting; without developing good prospecting skills and habits, they will never make it. The Internet and social networking is not an effective prospecting tool.